Category Archives: Technology
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, but you made it way…way better. (says my wife).
Godspeed, Steve Jobs.
Made with WordFoto App on my iPhone 3GS.
The only thing that i regret about Apple is that i got a share of it – a little late =[
Anyhow, here’s my humble share how Apple in it’s simple way became a part of our life:
– 2008, Almond Joy (my brother) bought Hershey (my sister) an iPod classic then
– 2010, She later got the previous iPod Touch for herself when she moved to US.
– 2011, Almond Joy wants a mean mobile computing machine for his career supplement jobs : crafting short video clips and slideshows. He gifted himself a MacBook Pro.
– 2011, It was only 3 months ago that i was able to acquire my very first legit iDevice, a pre-owned 32gb iPhone 3gs from my paintball brother Moni. Back then, the closest i could only have was my Snow Leopard running on my Dell laptop. I started porting OS X to my PC circa 2006-2007.
– Google Voicing & Vibering with my sister to talk to my folks in US on our heart’s desire. My dad decided to get his own 4th Generation iPod Touch. Lolo Techie checking in.
– Vacation 2011 came, Was surprised to see my mom with the handed-over iPod Classic. American Idol Scotty McCreery lullaby’s her to sleep. Lola Techie in the house, too!
– I bought an iPad2 at iOne two months ago. Just as expected, it became instant hit with the family. Mommy Joyce loves and enjoys Photobooth; Ate Andrea plays Pet Hotel & Smurfs; Kuya Aaron drifts better than me with Asphalt 6; last but not the least – Aiken: the one who spends most of the time with the iPad – is either playing with Words & Numbers or watching Barney and the likes.
It wasn’t that financially easy though, but one thing for sure – every penny’s worth it. We didn’t just pay for a luxurious gadget, we invested for the spell-bounding unique experience it brings.
And this wouldn’t have been all possibly existing if it wasn’t because of the visionary, genius & inventor Steve Jobs. May your soul rest in peace. Indeed you have changed the world bigtime. Enjoy heaven way higher than your iCloud Steve!
It’s just hours when i learned that Facebook has launched some geeky stuff they called “Facebook Timeline”. Well, in a nutshell it’s your facebook profile, photos, activities, etc. tightly knit together in an interface similar to other social networking apps like myspace, multiply, flickr and the likes. Of course, in the native facebook color scheme of gray and blue.
Anyway here’s how my profile looks:
Sexy huh? 🙂
Quoting Charles Darwin:
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Ever since i learned of that line few years a go, I don’t just remember – I live it. I ADAPT TO ‘Changes’
Head on to this post if you fancy to try it out too.
MY shout outs to these 3 amazing birthday celebrants this September: Papa Nick (9/15) Aaron (9/22) and Papa Jun (9/Today)
Again, A proud owner of an “iPhone killer”. One of the best Nokia smart phone out in the market.
So good that i have to buy the phone – twice.
In Memory of “Cely I”
Forget foxy(proxy), drop the switch(proxy), never mind SOCKS. Anonymity doesn’t have to be as complicated as these jargon. You’ve had enough already.
I’ve been researching for a way to get your Google Voice activated if you’re not on a US location. I’ve seen a couple of long blogs and forum steps — and i dont like it. I’m a busy man and i need to get things done easier
Thanks to hideipvpn.com i got my google voice working smoothly now. Im on XP and the steps is as easy as making an old-school 56k dial up connection! click here, pop in your username and password… wallah! you’re hot surfing the web — anonymously and way-way-way secure than the usual!
Not only that, i am now able to watch blocked youtube videos and access US exclusive sites like Hulu, Pandora, ABC, NBC, BBC, ITV (although as of the writing, access to Hulu is temporarily blocked — and will be available soon… I KNOW)
So if you’re an access-conscious and privilege freak… HideIPVPN is a must for you. You can check their website to read their details and their service. They’re offering a hundred FREE account that you gotta catch every 1st of the month and also premium services.