Category Archives: Family
The only thing that i regret about Apple is that i got a share of it – a little late =[
Anyhow, here’s my humble share how Apple in it’s simple way became a part of our life:
– 2008, Almond Joy (my brother) bought Hershey (my sister) an iPod classic then
– 2010, She later got the previous iPod Touch for herself when she moved to US.
– 2011, Almond Joy wants a mean mobile computing machine for his career supplement jobs : crafting short video clips and slideshows. He gifted himself a MacBook Pro.
– 2011, It was only 3 months ago that i was able to acquire my very first legit iDevice, a pre-owned 32gb iPhone 3gs from my paintball brother Moni. Back then, the closest i could only have was my Snow Leopard running on my Dell laptop. I started porting OS X to my PC circa 2006-2007.
– Google Voicing & Vibering with my sister to talk to my folks in US on our heart’s desire. My dad decided to get his own 4th Generation iPod Touch. Lolo Techie checking in.
– Vacation 2011 came, Was surprised to see my mom with the handed-over iPod Classic. American Idol Scotty McCreery lullaby’s her to sleep. Lola Techie in the house, too!
– I bought an iPad2 at iOne two months ago. Just as expected, it became instant hit with the family. Mommy Joyce loves and enjoys Photobooth; Ate Andrea plays Pet Hotel & Smurfs; Kuya Aaron drifts better than me with Asphalt 6; last but not the least – Aiken: the one who spends most of the time with the iPad – is either playing with Words & Numbers or watching Barney and the likes.
It wasn’t that financially easy though, but one thing for sure – every penny’s worth it. We didn’t just pay for a luxurious gadget, we invested for the spell-bounding unique experience it brings.
And this wouldn’t have been all possibly existing if it wasn’t because of the visionary, genius & inventor Steve Jobs. May your soul rest in peace. Indeed you have changed the world bigtime. Enjoy heaven way higher than your iCloud Steve!
It’s just hours when i learned that Facebook has launched some geeky stuff they called “Facebook Timeline”. Well, in a nutshell it’s your facebook profile, photos, activities, etc. tightly knit together in an interface similar to other social networking apps like myspace, multiply, flickr and the likes. Of course, in the native facebook color scheme of gray and blue.
Anyway here’s how my profile looks:
Sexy huh? 🙂
Quoting Charles Darwin:
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Ever since i learned of that line few years a go, I don’t just remember – I live it. I ADAPT TO ‘Changes’
Head on to this post if you fancy to try it out too.
MY shout outs to these 3 amazing birthday celebrants this September: Papa Nick (9/15) Aaron (9/22) and Papa Jun (9/Today)
This night marks the last day of KNY 2011, We spent the evening at a carnival in Diamond Island then we headed to KFC Riverside for a simple dinner. (They gave 2 cans of complimentary Sting energy drink in celebration of Kny)
This photo was taken using Joyce’s Nokia C6.
(shouts my baby girl aiken! with matching buzz light year pose… and so does my heart shouting the same …. YIHEE!!! CHEESY! bwahahahahaha)
Well look at that, another milestone… but no fancy date and gifts for now says mommy joyce … i say just now… there’s still tomorrow to watch-out for, or next week… or next month… in Siem Reap? World Cup Asia at KL?…
Whichever comes first 😉
“behind beside every successful man is a supportive, patient, loving, thoughtful & *shouting* woman on his side”
We still have a lot of things to do & places to go… bungee jumping… skiing… six flags… europe… etc… still a long way mommy so hang on our roller coaster relationship… yeah we’re not perfect, we’ve got ups and downs as well. but thanks to them — these things makes us a better person, as a partner, as a parent.
Again, thanks for everything… stay cheesy… Happy Anniversary Mommy Joyce! 3 years down, forever more to go!