Destiny vs Choice

It is not “Destiny” that determines “Love”
It is “Choice”. Our so called “Destiny” is a lie.

Relationships last long not because they’re destined to last long.
Relationships last long because two brave people made a choice – to keep it, to fight for it & to work for it.

Meanwhile, other relationships fail not because they’re destined eto fail.
They failed because one of the two, or both, made the choice – to set each other free.

(Text message from a batchmate – Mommy Jenny Flores, CNHS Class of 1999)

11 Responses to Destiny vs Choice

1. joyce ira says:

i strongly agree with it! relationships succeed because two people fought and endured all the trials given to them! destiny for me is just a false hope, for people who don’t have enough excuse for their failure!

well said hehe.

galing talga sa english oh.. nosebleed 😛

3. joyce ira says:

hehe, i used to believe that destiny is true, but after experiencing the hardships, then came over the thinking….destiny happens because people chose to do something over one thing! it’s a matter of choice! hardships will never end…but i’m doing my best to be happy with or without someone beside me!

4. Tess Termulo says:

It is the choices that we make that defines us, not destiny. That’s my life’s philosophy. But still, I can’t believe how many people still believe in destinies. Sometimes I want to shake them and tell them, “Wake up and use your gray matter!” But hey, their lives are not my responsibility anyway. 🙂

5. poell says:

well said doc 😉

it all ends up to a reason why the head is on top and not the heart.

6. banggigay says:

poell, hello 🙂 emo mo moment ba ‘to? so so true nonetheless.

we met at nike’s ryt? please send me nmn photo ouf you guys whom i met that night, so i can relate the face with the names 🙂 appreciate it! and btw, i’ll add you on my blogroll na din!

cheers!

7. shane says:

As Neo said, “Choice, the problem is choice.”

Most people are blinded by their emotions and they find it hard to choose what’s right and what’s not.

:roll:

8. poell says:

thanks for dropping banggigay, i have a few shots on my fone. jayvee and markku has lots but i think they havent uploaded them yet.

shane – thats exactly whats its all about. CHOICE.

9. curious says:

i still believe in destiny i think think happen for a reason and that’s whatit is meant to be.

10. That’s right. It takes work to keep a relationship going. If both people in the relationship don’t work at it, it will be destined to fail. It doesn’t take just one person, but a team of two. This is a great reminder!

11. choice not a reson/destiny!