Philippine Blog Awards 2007 Aftermath plus Post Parteeh (yeah!)

There would never be a better intro than copy/pasting the Phil. Blog Awards 2007 Winners :D

Main Awards
Best Personal Blog: Misteryosa
Best Home & Living Blog: Wifely Steps
Best Socio-Political Blog: Philippine Commentary
Best News & Media Blog: Inside PCIJ
Best Fashion & Lifestyle Blog: Bryanboy: Le Superstar Fabuleux
Podcast of the Year: HappySlip
Best Technology Blog: Leon Kilat: The Cybercafe Experiments
Best Business/Entrepreneur Blog: Reflections of a BizDrivenLife
Best Entertainment Blog: Retzwerx
Best Sports & Recreation Blog: Who rides a Vespa?
Best Travel Blog: Ivan About Town

Family Blog Award: About My Recovery
Blogirl Award: Well Whatever
Deliblog Award: Dessert Comes First

Weird Award
San Miguel Pale Pilsen Award: Jester-in-Exile
Red Horse Award: Misteryosa.Com
Revelation Award / Green Mango Juice Awardee: L.A.
Pinaka (Maaga) UmagaNa Umuwi Award: Nestle Poell

Nevermind the last set of award. Lol! That’s what you get for staying up late and drinking beer all the way till dawn :P

I got off Cavite just in time so id hit Makati earlier than the 6PM mark on the Phil. Blog Award ticket. And yes i did hit the mark. I was in Ecoville at 4:45PM. Manong Guard broke my heart when he said, “Sir Sarado po ang Team Manila pag Sabado” If there is something that i’ll feel sorry for myself, its the fact that i wasn’t able to get some of this March Edition shirts . Arrg!

I then decided hit g4 to buy some board short and shirt instead.

Team Manila March 2007 Ed.

Now with the party errr, awards night i mean. 3 things why i wanted to be in : food, food, and food (beer) j/k… its the real thing:

1. I was there for my idol: Retzwerx. I wanted him to win – AND that lucky bastard did win the Best Entertainment Blog Congratulations dude!
2. For the raffle – ipod video, nokia phone, licensed adobe cs 8.0. Unluckily i got none :|
3. Offline discussion with online buddies

Everybody was wearing their best suits – all in coat in tie. I would have worn the same tight outfight, but hey, im not even a finalist :P I’m just on my jeans, polo and white rubber.

Cocktail!6:30 I was at the venue. I would have been an early bird if i didn’t went shopping after Ecoville.

Registration process was smooth. I think they run out of name tag! yet I got a B/W invitation and pierre did not haha!

I was greeted by Sir Jun “sino ka nga ba? i know you…” i smiled and said “Poell” then shook hands ;) I headed to the cocktail area right after. I was a Loner munching fish fillet, bbq and pasta while browsing the programme.

The programme started right: National Anthem, then the very relevant prayer by Fr. Stephen Cuyos. (excerpt below:)

that we may be more concerned about helping the less privileged than about the number of subscribers to our RSS feeds.

Deliver us, Father, from spams and viruses, from pride and selfishness, and from the temptation to replicate images without permission and copy ideas without crediting the original authors.

Then the awarding proper… just hit PgUp to see the winners. Congratulations Everyone!

Post Party!
It was an unexpected surprise and yes it was music to our ears when JV (or Yuga if im mistaken) announced that there is a Post Party Celebration at the Hula Hula, EDSA Shangri-La — Free Beers and Foods & Everybody’s welcome!

I love the maki roll :D

Now, let’s talk about link baits, post party people and pop topics. These are a few of whom i remember trading thoughts and ideas : AJ’s Ipod withOhMiBod! , Piere and Shari‘s political shout outs and point of views. Sasha & Rico‘s intriguing love story (accdg to piere) The rest are LA, Jeff, Haravata & Wife, Jomar (who got drunk – with iced tea and sprite), Darwin (you silent drinker!) and Heneroso who looks like BryanBoy

Post Party – Extended ?
Shops closed 2am Hula Hula but the party hasn’t ended yet. We then headed to Jay-J’s Chicken Inasal Bar somewhere at the Vargas St. Thanks for the lift Sir Migs!

I would have been drinking beer instead but i started to crave eating the House Special : Pakpak Chicken Inasal so i ordered plus pineapple juice (talk about detoxification). With piere’s Crispy Tenga and Kilawing Tanigue on the side. I remember that it was during that time where Shari’s so pissed that she ate half the sandwich off the plastic bag lol!

They were still talking about politics (left, right, npa, party list, etc) whatever. i do care a bit but my full concentration is on my chicken inasal :P

Just a minute before everyone – yuga, migs , aileen & the rest 7 or 8 decided to leave (i think it was around 4am), i accidentally brought back the topic which we were talking about earlier at the Hula Hula – Your online and offline identity, does it matter? Of which this time, i cited somebody/someone of which me and couple of blogger find pompous and annoying. “Da Who?”

Then there were 4. Me, L.A., Piere and Blog Award Winner Shari. Its as if i started something interesting to talk about. and i guess i did :P We transferred outside so Piere could smoke and luckily we got a nice spot overlooking the road and the horizon’s “bukang liwayway”

There after, we talked about this someone. and i find it nice since we 4 hardly talk and 2 of them could feel for me and knows whom im talking about. “Yun ba ? Yung feeling blogging God?” lol! The rest about this poor kid is “unbloggable” sorry :P

Anyway a lot more topic came out : L.A’s revelation, piere’s hypothetical something something, blogger vs wordpress, and who wouldnt forget jester-in-exiles’s “lolo’s” sex drive coffee stories :D

Pierre THANKS FOR THE AFTER-POST-PARTY treat… i thought it was the usual chip-in chip-in session, but you really wanted to pay for our bill. Thanks a lot. Don’t worry, you got my word about your sponsorship ;)

EOF. I wish i could write more lol

Cheers to all the Finalists and Winners!

Kudos to the organizers!

See you at the 3rd Philippine Blogging Summit!

27 Responses to Philippine Blog Awards 2007 Aftermath plus Post Parteeh (yeah!)

1. Heneroso says:

andun din kaya kami sa post party! nakitable pa nga ako sainyo at inakala mong ako si bryanboy! GRR bwahahahah :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sana nag stay pa ako kyalang nga …you know… underage kame. hihi

2. eric says:

grabe! mukha ngang masaya kayo. sabi nga ni darwin extended pa daw ang party after hula hula, sadly i have to leave shange at 1030PM kasi may duty pa akokagabi. kaya ayun, ni amoy ng vodka hindi man lang naka pasok sa ilong ko.

hehehe

3. Sasha says:

His name’s Rico and blogs over at http://www.fool45.com (among other things). :lol: If you attend more blogger meet ups, you’ll definitely benefit from it. Trust me! :mrgreen:

4. [...] Philippine Blog Awards 2007 Extended Aftermath Yeah! By Poell [...]

5. AJ says:

pa-morningan pala kayo ah.

@sasha- you can say that again. i really learned a lot from the blog parteeh thats why i was eager to butt in again at the awards night. and i did learn a lot : sex, sex, sex & politics. what the hell would u get kung katable natin si piere and shari! kidding aside i did learn a lot from our convo. from “A” of fashion to the “Z” of politics. btw ive edited my post and nandun na si rico :D :oops:

@heneroso – you bastard BryanBoy look a like :twisted: underage underage… style nyo bulok :P nice to meet u pare…

@AJ & Eric- yeah, paumagahan na nga ang nangyare. dapat uwi na din kami after hula-hula but there is something with aileens “hoy sumunod kayo” invitation. btw, how’s your domain fiasco aj?

i almost for forgot, sasha really resembles chin chin gutierez :grin:

8. L.A says:

Cute si Sasha, and I love her name so-cute…

Haha the unbloggable ba??? Hmp…si ********** ba yan? Haha Si Pierre my sponsorship? Ako wala haha joke…Oi super nice meeting you ulit haha ang tagal nating mag-kasama hanggang umaga…

See you din sa iBlog3!!!

9. liz says:

abah, at may intriga pa! sayang di na kami nakapunta nila mae sa shangrila! :)

sayang liz… next time magkaron ng blogger meet ups

DONT SIT WITH PIERE & SHARI! :evil: (you know im not joking lol)

why’d u have to leave so soon liz? sana nandun din kayo sa post party para mukhang sampler-dish ung table namin. you could at least represented the design industry. ang nangyare kasi 80% politics and 20%whatever ung table namin hahahahaha

nice to see you again liz ;) asteeg ng layout :P

11. L.A says:

Nyahaha naku baka mabasa ni Pierre at Shari yan haha oo nga pero politics…gawd… :grin:

12. L.A says:

Pero buti na lang kahit unti alam ko yung ibang topic…salamat sa TV…Yehey! Top commentor na ako!!!! Nyahaha!

13. Gail says:

teka, kilala ba namin ni Abe tong non-bloggable na to? eto talagang si LA o, intrigero!! hahahahhah

:shock: is that gail for real? :shock:

oo gail, i think you 2 knows the unbloggable someone we’re talking about…

i even heard [he/she/it] caused a bit of problem with the recently concluded events :grin:

15. ramsey says:

naiinggit ako nde ako nakasama :(

i called your fone but your wife answered ram :|

you could have won in the raffle … remember preggy si kumare and swerte yung ganun

17. ramsey says:

hahaha. sabi nya nga saken kala daw nya magkasama pa daw tayo.

18. L.A says:

Oo naman Gail, isyu din to sa google group natin eh…Kilala nyo to! :wink:

@ramsey : anong oras na ba kayo nakabalik? baka sinamantala mo ang pagkakataon ha hahaha

@L.A. : LordArt!!! yan ata nde ko alam! ano yan!?!? clue clue clue !!!

20. Jeff says:

pareng poell, that was a blast. ang galing mo mag-moderate ng mini-debate nila jester and chris nyahahah

buti pa nga ung sa kanila, medio nakakarelate ako dun sa ibang topic. but between piere (jester) and shari… naku! sasabog ilong nyo sa LEFT, RIGHT, NPA, party list at kung anu ano pa lol :P but in away, they both have a point one way or another.

:grin:

22. [...] to Poell for this link, but I have one teeny-weeny bit of a problem giving the link back love: I DUNNO HOW [...]

23. erm, fine.

someone gag me with duct tape and poke a hole for the straw so i can at least sip my beer.

:D

24. jomar says:

Poell! ecoville, team manila shirts, march editions…what does this mean? please explain, there’s something about team manila that I don’t know?
    jomar

25. [...] to Poell for this link, but I have one teeny-weeny bit of a problem giving the link back love: I DUNNO HOW [...]

26. Philadelphia says:

Eat a third and drink a third and leave the remaining third of your stomach empty. Then, when you get angry, there will be sufficient room for your rage.

27. corporate awards says:

Congrats all the winners.
    Our exceptional collection of awards, trophies, plaques, and gifts are perfect for recognizing achievement and outstanding employee performance